Sunday, September 6, 2009

Three cheers for three-day-weekends...

First of all, a huge congratulations to my two newly-pregnant dearies... Becky and Laura, I'm so excited for you both!!!

Let's see... there's a lot to catch up on!

Elliott started going to a public daycare when I started back to school in mid-August. Over the last three weeks, he's been there a total of 8 days. It's been wonderful to be able to ease him into in a few days at a time, thanks to Jeff's schedule being so flexible at the moment. At first, Elliott cried when Jeff would leave (and Jeff is my hero for leaving him there so I don't have to). Then, it got to where Elliott would start screaming when they pulled into the parking lot each morning and cry throughout the dropping off process. But, as if by magic, at the start of the third week, he didn't cry at all, just reached for his teacher and then turned around to wave bye-bye to Jeff. Hooray!

More Elliott news... we had him fitted for braces and were finally able to pick them up this past week. He doesn't completely hate them... they probably bother Jeff and I more than they do him. They're a bit bulkier than we were expecting... okay, a lot bulkier. They slow down Elliott's butt scooting, the velcro sometimes sticks to the carpet, and he has trouble going from sitting to standing in them, but he does seem to stand more solidly and that's the whole point. We're finding it impossible to find shoes to go over them, though we're supposed to be able to. We're going to have to call the office on Tuesday and find out what can be done to save us from buying shoes 3+ sizes bigger than usual.

Non-Elliott news... I'm in full swing with the new school year. I don't want to jinx it, but I think my kids are going to be a really good group. There are always a few exceptions, but I think they're things I can handle pretty easily - a big change over last year. My room looks really great... I'll share photos eventually.

In the world of football... Jeff and I just drafted our private fantasy league... I'm really excited about it because Noah, Daddy, Joanna and others are in it with us. Jeff and I joined another league together last weekend, just so we'd have the opportunity to beat on each other some more. As far as REAL football, Bama rolled all over Virginia Tech last night in the season opener. We're optimistic. Hopefully we'll be able to get a babysitter next weekend and go watch Bama's pay-per-view game at our favorite sports bar - Beef's.

It's been a great weekend... Jeff hasn't had to work at all, so it's been that much better. We shopped a bit (unsuccessfully looking for shoes) and watched a lot of football yesterday. Today we went to church (which was great), and had a very relaxing afternoon of napping and watching How I Met Your Mother. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach in the morning, and then to Chick-fil-A donned in our Bama gear to get free sandwiches. Score. Hope everyone else's Labor Day weekend is proving as relaxing and enjoyable as ours.

1 comment:

  1. I agree - three cheers for three-day-weekends. Glad you guys had a good one!

    ReplyDelete